Small Business Network Security
When it comes to small business network security, it’s easy for small and medium sized businesses to say “not me! They’re only after the big guys.” But the reality is that attacks on all networks are on the rise year after year, as hackers become more sophisticated. Even worse, small business network security is slowly being hollowed out by relaxed (sometimes nonexistent) policies and regulations.
A 2013 study showed that 1 in every 5 small businesses networks are at risk of being compromised. And with the ever-increasing speed of technological advancement, it’s likely that those numbers have climbed since then, posing a grave risk for lost or stolen data, a potential breach, or sabotage.
There are a number of ways Virtual Support Teks in Cleveland ensure that you are at minimum risk with our small business network security services:
- Updates – Keeping computers and network equipment updated is one of the most effective steps to preventing a possible network security issue.
- Firewall – A common mistake in small to medium business networks is the lack of a business grade firewall solution. Often business owners are unaware of the difference between having a network router and having a network firewall in place.
- Passwords – Password and password protection are proving to be an area that needs attention when discussing network security. Using sophisticated software and tools, hackers are easily breaching small business network security through simple or default passwords
- Antivirus/Antispam – Most people know that antivirus and antispam software are necessary components of network security, but many people don’t realize why its so important until their computer or network is infected with a virus, malware, spyware, or a host of other potentially dangerous issues.
No matter the size of your business, network security is a “do or die” requirement for any business in the digital age. If you’re not sure where to start with an internal security audit, our team can help get you on track.
Get a Free
Get a Free
With the Virtual Support Teks team, you can:
- Start using your time wisely – With the basics of your company under control, you can turn your attention to more profitable ventures.
- Save capital for important projects – : With our flat-rate IT and managed services, you’ll save cash every month that would have otherwise been wasted on troubleshooting.
- Enjoy exemplary uptime – With Virtual Support Teks, there’s no need to worry about network downtime. You can trust that your network will always be running when you need it.
From cloud services to data backup, our custom packages deliver exactly what you need without testing the limits of your budget.
If your company is in Ohio or a neighboring state, contact Virtual Support Teks today!
Call Now: 440-678-8357